Global Atomic Provides Update on Turkish Zinc Project
Toronto, ON: Global Atomic Corporation (“Global Atomic” or the “Company”), (TSX-V: GLO, FRANKFURT: G12) is pleased to announce an update on its BST Joint Venture Zinc Project in Iskenderun, Turkey.
- The new 110,000 tonne / annum capacity Waelz kiln will be operational by August, with remaining components including the concentrate washing section to be installed in September
- Old plant has been demolished and removed from site
- Powerline upgrades completed allowing for expanded plant
- Earthworks complete and new construction underway
- 150 construction personnel currently working on site
- Concrete forming and steelworks nearing completion
- EAFD processing operations will be fully commissioned by the end of September, 2019
- Please visit our website, www.globalatomiccorp.com, under “Base Metals Division” Image Gallery to see construction progress photos
Based on an aggressive construction schedule being managed by the JV operator, Befesa, the plant is on schedule to begin processing Electric Arc Furnace Dust (EAFD) by September. The project remains on time and on budget.
During the shutdown and construction period, since the end of January, 2019, the BST Joint Venture has been stockpiling feedstock in order to start the new kiln with an adequate supply of EAFD to make up lost production.